Friday 9 March 2012

Poncho

Finally finished my poncho last week so thought I'd better put it on here.  I'm really pleased with how it worked out and the fact it fits!

It was so simple to make too so here are a few easy instructions.

I used : 5 balls of 100g DK wool (Marble by James C Brett), 5mm hook and a darning needle.

I made 2 rectangular panels approx 50cm x 90cm although exact sizing isn't important.

1. chain 83 then tr into 4th chain from hook.  Tr to end, ch 3 & turn.

2. Next row tr into next st then *Ch1, miss 1 tr, tr into next stitch* to last 2 stitches, tr into next 2 stitches. Ch 3, turn.

3. Repeat row 2.

Just repeat these 3 rows, ending on a row 1 until your panel is approx 90cm.  Make one more panel then play around with them, attaching one short edge to the long edge of the other panel then attaching the remaining long and short edge (this is the bit that confused me so you really need to play around!) Once you've done that edge the neck and lower edge with either 1 or 2 rows of dc, weave in ends and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment