Thursday 30 June 2011

Crochet Blanket

I started this blanket about a year ago. Now you would be forgiven for thinking it must be a lovely big blanket then after a year but alas, no.  It started with the first granny square I ever completed then I did quite a few of them all in different colours and ended up shoving them all in a bag at the back of a wardrobe.  I decided it was a bit of a shame leaving them there so I finally joined them all together and gave them a border.


I got the pattern for the squares from a very old Patons crochet booklet circa 1970's.  It used to belong to my mother-in-law who gave it to me a few years ago.  I think if I make another blanket then I will certainly make bigger squares, these ones only measured 4" square and it was a bit tedious joining them together.

My girls certainly love this little blanket anyway and it will be a good one to throw in the basket under the buggy to take on walks and something to sit on if we pop into the park and rest a while.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Ali, you can't beat a crochet blanket and I'd love to try doing a ripple one :-)

    ReplyDelete