Monday 29 October 2012

Christmas Stockings





I've been busy at the sewing machine instead of busy with a hook for a change.  I saw this lovely tutorial on Pinterest and had to have a go although I extended the toe area of the stocking slightly from the original pattern.

I don't have a massive fabric stash but still managed to make 5 stockings.  Please excuse the sellotape I used to hang them at the fireplace too - really need to find some magnets to hold them up!

From left to right I made:
Black & white stocking for my fella
Blue gingham and birdy stocking for my youngest daughter
Red polka dots & flowers stocking for my sister
Blue gingham and stripes stocking for me
And finally Red polka dots and birdy stocking for my eldest daughter

These were super easy to make too - I managed to do the bulk of the cutting out and sewing while my youngest daughter had her morning nap and finished them off whilst she ate her lunch :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment