Wednesday 6 November 2013

Simple Yo-Yo Christmas Ornament

I'm new to yo-yo making.  I've seen them around the internet being used for many different projects and thought, hmmm now wouldn't one of those make a simple Christmas ornament.  So here's what I came up with!  (Please excuse the dodgy photos - the light as usual is awful here!).


First up I cut out a circle - I think it was roughly 10cm in size, I used a bowl to draw around.



Then I folded over the edge and did a simple running stitch - all normal yo-yo making stuff so far!



Now its getting ever so slightly exciting!  I popped a bit of stuffing into the centre :-)



Then I pulled on the cotton to draw up the thread, making a lightly stuffed yo-yo....



... Sewed on a button and bit of ribbon and voila!  A very simple hanging tree ornament!  So simple in fact its embarrassing.  Ah well sometimes the best ideas are the easiest ones ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment